Fatal Accident Solicitors

Sometimes, serious accidents can have tragic consequences.

Sadly, some serious accidents can have tragic consequences.

Slater Heelis can help you make a claim if you’ve lost a loved one in a fatal accident. In addition to emotional turmoil, tragic accidents can also inflict financial hardship.

If you were a dependant of the victim (i.e. you were financially dependent on them), you are entitled to make a claim for the loss of that financial support.

In most cases, your claim will be valid if you were financially dependent on the victim and related to them in one of the following ways:

  • Spouse (or ex-spouse)
  • Co-habiting partner
  • Civil partner (or ex-civil partner)
  • Child
  • Parent
  • Brother or sister
  • Cousin, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew

We can claim for your loved one’s suffering, the funeral costs, the loss of financial support suffered by dependants, and costs associated with obtaining probate.

Essentially, we can make a claim to cover most financial losses you’ve suffered as a result of the accident.

Contact Us Today

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Sensitive, Client-Focused Service

Our lawyers know how important it is to be compassionate and sensitive throughout your case, as it’s naturally an emotional time for you, and everyone copes with bereavement differently.

Sadly, we have handled many fatal accident cases over the years, but in doing so we have gained a clear understanding of how to help.

You can choose our approach: we can get on with the case without disturbing you, or we can stay in close contact throughout the claims process.

Making a claim with Slater Heelis

As with all serious injury cases, another party must have been at fault for the fatal accident in order for any claim to be successful.

Blame must be established and proved – and we have the expertise and experience to present strong cases and achieve results.

Contact Slater Heelis today to find out more about how we can help. You can fill in the above form, or call us on 0161 969 3131, and one of our team will talk through your circumstances sensitively to see how we can help.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can claim under the fatal accident Act?

Only direct relatives and dependents of the deceased are able to claim under the Fatal Accidents Act 1976.

This includes spouses or civil partners, including former ones, and if a couple had been living together for 2 years prior to the person’s death. Often, beneficiaries of the estate are dependants, but this is not always the case.

Can you claim compensation for accidental death?

If a third party is responsible for an accident that led to the death of a loved one, then their family may be able to seek compensation for the fatal accident.

Useful Resources

Meet the team

Talk to one of our team
members on 0161 969 3131