If you're a cyclist and you've been injured in an accident on the road through no fault of your own, you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation. Our cycling accident solicitors can help you. When we pursue your claim, we can obtain compensation for the following:
- The injuries you've suffered
- Damage to your bike and any repair costs you've had to pay
- The monetary value of your bike if it's damaged beyond repair
- Damage to any of your cycling gear – including your cycling shoes and your helmet
- Earnings you've lost as a result of the accident
- The private cost of any necessary surgery, physiotherapy or cognitive behavioural therapy
- The value of care that's been provided voluntarily by your friends and family
- Other financial losses, such as your insurance excess
Expertise in Handling Cycling Accident ClaimsWe know how vulnerable cyclists are on the roads. Motorists are responsible for spotting cyclists on the road and adjusting their driving to accommodate them, but too many motorists in the UK do not give cyclists the space they need on the road or the courtesy they deserve as road users. This often leads to accidents; data from the Department for Transport showed over 18,000 reported incidents in the UK in 2015. It's important that you have a lawyer handling your claim who has extensive experience in cycling accident cases. We have solicitors who specialise in pursuing cycling accident claims.
Discuss Your Claim with Slater HeelisGive us a call today on 0161 969 3131 if you’ve had a cycling accident. One of our personal injury lawyers will discuss your case with you and tell you whether or not you can make a claim for compensation. Alternatively, you can make an enquiry online – just fill in our easy-to-use contact form.
Your Cycle Claims team
Simon AdamsonPartner & Head of Personal Injury
David RowlandsSenior Paralegal