Accidents in Public Places

Slater Heelis draw on decades of experience in pursuing accident claims and will ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to as a result of negligence.

Accidents in public places are fairly common and may be caused by a number of reasons.

Many people are unsure what exactly constitutes a claim and whether they are entitled to compensation for an injury.

Our experienced personal injury solicitors can claim compensation for you if you have had an accident in the last three years in a shop, supermarket, public house, or any other premises you were visiting.

The team are here to guide you through every step and to evaluate the chances of success before committing to lengthy court proceedings.

Contact us using this form or call us on
0161 969 3131

Contact Us Today

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

With you each step of the process

Local authorities and business owners have a legal duty to ensure that their environments and premises are safe for public use.

Our experienced personal injury solicitors can claim compensation on your behalf if you have had an accident in the last three years whilst in a shop, street, supermarket, public house, or any other premises you were visiting.

We work closely with our clients to to establish a timeline of events to determine exactly how and where the accident happened.

From there we are in a strong position to advise on their best course of legal action, and whether or not their claim is valid to take forward.

What to do before making your claim

We advise anybody who has suffered an accident in a public place to take photographic or video evidence of the event, as well as a professional medical report that details any injuries as a result of the accident. Due to the nature of these claims, we also advise that you seek professional legal support as soon as possible to determine the level of compensation that you may be due to cover medical costs.

Slater Heelis takes all the consequences of your accident into account when we make a claim – not just the pain and suffering you’ve had to endure. We will claim back your loss of earnings. If you’ve had to undergo any private surgery or physiotherapy treatment, we will recover those costs for you.

These types of claims are often disputed, but we have the expertise and commitment to make your claim succeed.

Frequently Asked Questions

What to do if you fall in a supermarket?

Most supermarket falls are due to wet floors, whether that be from spillages or cleaning.

You may be in shock or embarrassed, which is understandable. It is important that you take note of any staff who help you or any witnesses if it was a bad fall which left you injured. Don’t be afraid to ask for first aid if you need it, and it is the supermarket’s responsibility to record it in their accident book.

If you progress to make a claim for an injury you sustained from falling in a supermarket it may be helpful to know if there was any CCTV footage of the incident. Try to ask at the earliest opportunity before anything gets over written.

Can you claim if you fall in a shop?

If you fall over due to the negligence of the shop, whether that is a wet surface, or something making the floor uneven, which leads to an injury, then yes you may be able to make a claim.

The potential success of a claim will depend on a variety of factors, so it is advised that you contact a personal injury solicitor to see what they think. Many operate on a no-win, no-fee basis so it is worth asking.

Related Services

Slips, Trips & Falls

If you’ve suffered from a slip, trip or fall in a public place our expert personal injury lawyers are here to fight your case.

Client satisfaction

“Slater Heelis has given myself kind words and sensible unreserved advice to my many questions which has, without a doubt, sped up the progress, thus reducing costs, a refreshing change and very much appreciated. You are indeed a credit to your profession.”

Meet the team

Talk to one of our team
members on 0161 969 3131