Workplace disputes take many forms and can arise at any time and, not only do these situations impact work performance, they are often emotionally damaging for all those involved.
If you have concerns about a work matter and would like to raise a grievance, or you are at risk of redundancy or have been subjected to disciplinary action or offered a settlement agreement, knowing where to turn for support isn’t always straightforward – particularly if it means challenging an employer on your employment rights.
You may not even be an employee, but a job applicant who has suffered discrimination or an ex-employee who has been given an unfavourable reference or threatened with injunctive proceedings for breaching your restrictive covenants.
Slater Heelis have a long-standing reputation for providing sound legal advice and representation for employees. Examples of our expertise covers:
- Advising you in relation to Settlement Agreements and obtaining the best package for you;
- Advising you in relation to various internal processes including grievances, disciplinaries and redundancy;
- Advising you in relation to discrimination and equal pay rights;
- Submitting claims in the Employment Tribunal and representing you throughout;
- Defending claims brought against you by your employer, such as claims for damages and injunctions;
- Advising in relation to family friendly rights and flexible working;
- Advising in relation to your Employment Contract and in particular restrictive covenants.
Effective dispute resolution
Our employment law solicitors consistently rank well in both Chambers and Legal 500 directories for a reason. We are a team of pragmatic mediators and accomplished negotiators who always put the best interests of our clients first when resolving workplace disputes.
As part of our culture, we maintain that litigation should always be considered as a last resort. However, in the event that our mediators are unable to reach a commercial solution then we work closely with you to form a comprehensive strategy for court action.
Clear and concise communication is vital to achieve this, which is why Slater Heelis offer strategic advice that is only a telephone call away.
Alternatively, if you’re an employer looking for legal advice on dealing with an employment law or HR issue, our team would be happy to help.
What our clients say about us…
“Tracey represented me in a dispute with my employer and succeeded in obtaining a very satisfactory result against a huge and intimidatingly resourced company. She was friendly, professional and supportive, while showing real steel, tactical savvy and practical excellence. Since that settlement it has been my pleasure to refer numerous people to Tracey when in need of employment law advice, and I’ll continue to do so.”
Alex Holt, Client