Rachel Fletcher Partner & Head of Crime and Regulatory
Rachel is a Criminal Defence Solicitor and is based at our Manchester office. Rachel joined Slater Heelis after two years at JMW in the Business…
Rachel is a Criminal Defence Solicitor and is based at our Manchester office.
Rachel joined Slater Heelis after two years at JMW in the Business Crime and Regulatory team where her focus was primarily on regulatory investigations. Rachel has specialised in private crime and regulatory cases and has advised individuals, director and corporations under investigation from the GMC, The Environment Agency, The General Pharmaceutical Council, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and local councils.
Prior to that Rachel was Solicitor and Director at Freeman & Co where she spent 10 years dealing with high profile, high net worth and celebrity clients. She has acted for doctors, lawyers, accountants, business owners and celebrities and sports stars. Rachel understands the impact that criminal and regulatory proceedings can have upon individuals and corporations and always goes the extra mile for her clients
Rachel graduated from York University with a BA Honours in Politics and completed the Post Graduate Diploma in Law and LPC at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Road Traffic Offences
Rachel has experience in all motoring offences including speeding, failing to furnish, drink driving, careless, inconsiderate, dangerous driving and serious cases involving death or serious injury.
Clients love her straightforward advice and come to her by recommendation.
Private Client Criminal Offences
Rachel has particular expertise in representing private clients in criminal and regulatory matters including advising and assisting at the Police Station, Magistrates Court and the Crown Court. She has dealt with all types of criminal cases including Murder, serious assaults and sexual assaults/rape, indecent image cases, fraud, theft and dishonesty offences, conspiracy to supply Class A/B/C drugs, dangerous dog cases, offences involving weapons and youth crime.
Rachel prides herself on giving straightforward, robust advice and is also a Law Society mentor under the Reignite Mentoring Programme which supports individuals seeking to return to or progress in their careers in law.
- Over the years, Rachel has represented some very high profile and significant cases together R v B Stockport Magistrates Court 2020. Allegation of common assault. Case discontinued following written representations
- R v P Liverpool Crown Court 2020. 3 allegations of sexual assault. Result- Not guilty to all charges
- R v W Birkenhead Magistrates Court 2020. Failing to furnish driver details. Result- Not guilty
- R v D Manchester Magistrates Court 2020. Totting up disqualification. Successfully presented an exceptional hardship argument based on the clients child’s commitments. Disqualification reduced from 6 months to 6 weeks.
- R v H Chester Crown Court 2019. Perverting the Course of
Suspended sentence and driving disqualification
- R v L Dudley Magistrates Court Drink Driving – 113 in breath –
Result Suspended Sentence
- R v D Manchester Magistrates Court Crown Failing to comply with
NOR in the sum of approximately £80,000. Fine- £100, Compensation,
£1,500, No victim surcharge and no costs
- R v BH Oxford Crown Court – Theft from a nightclub by serving
Army Sergeants – Not guilty
- R v W – Cardiff Crown Court – rape by serving Army Corporal – Not guilty
- R v L – sexual assault in nightclub x 3 Not guilty
What our clients say about us
I just want to say thank you for everything! Monday I went home and just cuddled my girls and cried. Thank you for taking my call that day, for talking to me supporting me and urging me to seek help, without that call to you that day who knows what would have happened but because of your kindness, support & understanding my girls still have me. They and I will always be grateful to you for this and everything you did!
Failing to nominate driver details
Rachel was amazing in court. I think because she was so at ease and knowledgeable, I didn’t feel the need to get upset, she had it all in hand and dealt with. She explained the process to me, fought for me to have the process reversed back to just the two speeding convictions, and even got us in the court first! I was all done and had gotten home within 3 hours!
Ms M – Bradford
Milton Keynes Magistrates Court – Speeding
Rachel Fletcher handled my case personally from beginning to end making herself available both by phone and email. It was really refreshing that I didn’t need to speak to anyone else because she handled everything. Rachel was courteous, professional and realistic with her advice making sure that I was kept abreast of all possible outcomes. She had different strategies that came with recommendations and the one she recommended was a winner. I’m a very happy customer.
Miss L– Driving with Excess Alcohol (3x legal limit) – Dudley Magistrates Court – Result – 28 month ban