Construction and Engineering Solicitors
The construction industry can be complicated from a legal perspective. Legislation must be carefully adhered to and contractual disputes must be quickly resolved.
We have the expertise to provide robust contentious and non-contentious advice to Employers, Consultants, Contractors, Sub-contractors, Purchasers, Tenants and Funders across a range of construction and engineering industry sectors to help assess and manage the legal risks of procurement and construction.
We provide legal advice on issues such as the implications of contract notices, extensions of time, the timing and content of payment and pay-less notices, payment of retention, suspension of work and termination.
Contentious: Construction Dispute Resolution
We are experienced in all areas of construction dispute resolution, including each of the following:
- Dispute avoidance advice
- Negotiation, Mediation and Settlement
- Litigation, Adjudication, Arbitration
- Bespoke and tiered dispute resolution contract provisions
- Expert determination and early evaluations
When necessary, we will pursue or defend claims for you through Adjudication, Arbitration or the courts – including the specialist Technology and Construction Court (TCC).
Non-Contentious & Project Advisory Services
- Procurement and Tender advice
- Pre-Construction Services Agreements, Early Works Agreements and Letters of Intent
- Building Contracts and Consultants Appointments (bespoke and standard form)
- Third Party Agreements (including Collateral Warranties and Third Party Rights)
- Security Documentation and Guarantees (including Bonds and Parent Company Guarantees)
Development Land Valuation Dispute Resolution
- Option Agreements and Conditional Contracts
- Advice and representation at PACE interviews and in tribunals/Court in connection with the investigation and prosecution of offences under Health and Safety at Work, Environmental and VAT legislation.
We are committed and focused upon exceeding our client’s expectations.
Slater Heelis’ Kenneth Salmon is accredited with the highest ranking of ‘Senior Statesmen’ in Chambers and Partners, Construction – North West. Chambers and Partners writes that:
“Market observers agree that Salmon is “very highly regarded,” noting his “huge wealth of experience and very no-nonsense approach.””
Our construction and engineering solicitors will provide you with clear legal advice and swift support at competitive rates. We are happy to discuss the costs of our services with you on a no-obligation basis.