Buying a House
Buying a house and moving into a new property are amongst the most stressful and complicated events in your life. The expert solicitors at Slater Heelis are specialists in guiding you through the entire process of buying your dream home.
Whether you are just about to take your first step onto the property ladder or have found your ideal home, purchasing a property is a major financial commitment. By choosing the right solicitor, you can feel protected in your choice of investment.
The Legal Aspects of Purchasing a Property
There are a number of aspects to consider when you buy a house or other property. Not only can we help with the legal process of signing a contract, our solicitors are on hand to carry out thorough investigations and searches of your desired property, as well as finalising the completion of a contract. How long the purchase process takes will depend on several things, and no matter how many times you have bought property, you can benefit from the expert advice of a solicitor. Conveyancing, which is legal term for the transfer of property from one person to another, occurs in three stages:
- Before contract our solicitors will explain how the purchase process works and gather the relevant legal document
- Before completion we will make sure you know as much about the property before buying, as well as resolving any legal complications before exchanging contracts. This includes pursuing all of the relevant search processes, such as information on the drainage/water services, local land charges register, and other local authority records, before arranging for you to enter into a binding agreement
- After completion we will ensure that all the necessary steps have been taken to complete your purchase. This includes transferring the funds, receiving the keys to your new home, preparing tax arrangements, registering your name as owner of the property and notifying the Land Registry of your mortgage provider.
Contact Our Expert Lawyers
If you are planning on buying a house or other property, get in touch with Slater Heelis today. We can help make the buying process smoother and ensure that all of the legal processes are performed to the highest standards. Call our team on on 0161 969 3131. Alternatively, fill out our quick-and-easy contact form and someone will call you back.
Meet the team
Our residential property specialists are looking forward to helping you.
members on 0161 969 3131
- Zara Banday Partner & Head of Residential Property
- Albert Mould Trainee Solicitor
- Angela Brown Solicitor
- Ceri Jones Associate Solicitor
- Daniel Henderson Conveyancing Executive
- David Jones Solicitor
- Edward Michell Consultant Solicitor
- Helen Young Chartered Legal Executive
- Ian Donnison Solicitor
- James Lambe Paralegal
- Lisa Watson Conveyancing Executive
- Miriam Barnes Conveyancing Executive
- Ruth Pickering Paralegal
- Sarah Howson Paralegal
- Stephen Locke Partner