National science and innovation campus Sci-Tech Daresbury has announced seven strategic partners which will support the campus as it continues to prosper in 2016 and 2017.
The gold partners are Dow Schofield Watts, Grant Thornton, IBM, Marks & Clerk, RTC North, Slater Heelis and the University of Liverpool.
The campus, which is celebrating a highly successful year, has chosen its gold partners to aid the continuous development of the site and the increasing number of high-tech businesses moving to Sci-Tech Daresbury each month.
The site has experienced substantial growth in the last year with the completion of the new state-of-the-art Techspace Two and the imminent completion of its larger sister building Techspace One. It is one of the UK’s leading centres for science and technology businesses and has seen an influx of highly technical businesses join the site including; leading software and automation solution provider Conveyor Networks, international integrated engineering company Booth Welsh and healthcare pioneers Cheshire and Merseyside Strategic Clinical Networks (SCN).
John Downes, Group Managing Director of Langtree and Chairman of the Sci-Tech Daresbury joint venture company, said: “We’re delighted to have chosen seven fantastic partners who will help Sci-Tech Daresbury continue to develop and prosper in the coming year.
“The gold partners are a select group of partner companies which offer high-level strategic support for Sci-Tech Daresbury companies in areas such as intellectual property, financial and tax management, corporate finance & funding, IT solutions, legal services, technology commercialisation, and scientific research.
“We have experienced a very successful year with many new high tech businesses joining our site and the continuous development of the campus. The Sci-Tech Daresbury site provides a UK front door for many businesses and we’re looking forward to continuing that invaluable provision with the support and expertise of our gold partners.”
Each gold partner will offer specialist expertise for Sci-Tech Daresbury campus:
- Dow Schofield Watts deliver real value and guidance to motivated companies with aspirations for growth. The expert team provides complete corporate finance advice covering; fundraising, investment, exit strategy, company sales, company acquisitions and due diligence together. In addition to corporate finance, the wider firm also covers specialist advisory services including VAT, Forensic Accounting, Transaction Services, Wealth Advisory and Corporate Recovery.
- Grant Thornton’s dedicated technology and innovation practice has an enviable track record of working with successful and dynamic companies, at all stages of their business life cycle, and will advise SMEs on site to help them realise their ambitions for growth through areas including audit and tax advice, financial planning and commercialisation of intellectual property.
- IBM will support businesses that are part of the wider Daresbury community to extend their reach and opportunity for establishing contacts and increase sales of their products and solutions to as wide an audience as possible. IBM will ensure its solutions, services and cloud offerings are available to SME organisations, whether directly or via Business Partners, to assist them in achieving these goals.
- Marks & Clerk, patent and trade mark attorneys, will provide companies with intellectual property advice: identifying, protecting and defending their innovations and brands both in the UK and globally.
- RTC North are a technology transfer and innovation company which has been working with businesses since 1989 on the commercialisation of new products and services. The company employs 65 people across the North of England and delivers a mix of commercial services and funded business support programmes including Innovate2Succeed, Designing Better Business, Enterprise Europe Network and NHS Innovations North.
- Slater Heelis LLP will provide legal services focusing on corporate structures and incorporation, corporate governance and directors’ duties, mergers, acquisitions, IPOs and capital markets, development capital, venture capital and angel investment, joint ventures, commercial contracts, intellectual property licensing and transfer, real estate transactions, employment law, dispute resolution and estate planning.
- The University of Liverpool is one of the UK’s leading research institutions with an annual turnover of £410 million, including £150 million for research. Liverpool is ranked in the top 1% of higher education institutions worldwide and is a member of the Russell Group.
Sci-Tech Daresbury is a private-public joint-venture partnership between developer Langtree, the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) and Halton Borough Council.