Family and Divorce Law Jargon Buster: Part 25 – Form E

April 28, 2015, By Slater Heelis

This is the next instalment in our bite size blog series in which we hope to demystify some of the legal terms which are frequently used by family solicitors when giving legal advice and in the family courts environment.

Form E: This is a standardised form that is used in financial proceedings in matrimonial cases. The form is lengthy and requires significant financial detail to be filled in by both parties to the proceedings. The form also requires paper evidence to be appended to the form documenting the information provided. Normally, the paper evidence required should encompass the 12 months prior to the date of the Form E, although it is sometimes necessary to provide more historical evidence, depending on the circumstances. A solicitor can complete a Form E on your behalf so long as they are provided with the relevant information and paperwork.

If you need more help or guidance about a family law matter, please contact one of the members of our Family team at Slater Heelis LLP for more information on 0161 969 3131 or